we had a projector nearly catch fire due to our lame ass technician. i think anyone that works for cinemark knows how lame techs can be. our theaters especially since the guy only got the job because he's related to a higher up. well turns out he forgot to screw on a resistor properly on a projector causing it to make contact a transformer that supplies power to the lamp. i noticed a pretty bad flickering when i started the movie and asked another projectionist for help while i started another movie. before i knew what was going on my friend is yelling across the booth that #17 was smoking. we were able to fix the problem, but not before one of the four transformers on the power supply to become nice and crispy. funny thing is that the smoke vented into an auditorium across the hall not setting off any smoke alarms. :[ that's probably not a good thing considering there was a good amount of smoke in the auditorum.